Our Client is a strategic analytics partner to some of the most admired Fortune 500 companies globally and helps them gain competitive advantage through deep understanding of consumers and better data driven decisions. The Client delivers insight, innovation and impact through advanced analytics, deep learning and visual storytelling. They have offices across 13 global locations including the United States, UK and India and has been named a “Cool Vendor in Analytics” and a “Vendor to watch” by research advisor Gartner.
The ideal Candidate will be expected to deliver an analytics engagement at client location independently. This will include problem solving, hypothesis testing, advanced analysis, creating models & solutions and compelling visualizations to make the solutions scalable and easily understood. The Senior consultant will collaboratively work along with engagement managers, analysts and data scientists across the globe.
Position expectations in detail:
- Solve business problems & develop business solution: Use problem solving methodologies to propose creative solutions to solve business problem. Recommend design and develop state-of-the-art data driven analysis using statistical & advanced analytics methodologies to solve business problems. Develop models & recommend insights.
- Form hypothesis and run experiments to gain empirical insights and validate hypothesis. Identify and eliminate possible obstacles and identify alternative creative solution.
- Project management: Lead at least one client engagement independently. Execute end to end client engagements. Ensure regular client updates & meetings, stakeholder management, any failure or risk analysis of the project, data sources, tracking execution & success metrics is done effectively & efficiently.
- Client relationship management: Build deep client relationship, network & be a thought partner. Anticipate business problems & deliver par excellence.
- Sales support & account growth: Actively focus on opportunities to grow the client along with the senior engagement manager. Support the sales team as required for RFPs and regular sales pitches
- Firm building: Contribute to firm growth by participating and conducting training sessions. Also, participate in other activities which make the client an employer of choice.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Overall experience of 5 to 6 yrs. with at least 3 to 4 years of hands on experience in running data analytics projects
- Knowledge of data conversion strategy, capturing data, creating source to target definitions for ETL/ data flow process, data quality and data base management
- Expertise in SQL /R/SAS & advanced analytics/Statistics Techniques such as general linear model, ANOVA, decision trees, linear regression, Bayesian etc
- Knowledge of any one visualization tool such as Tableau, Spotfire or equivalent
- Problem solving, Project management and communication skills & Creative thinking
- High learning orientation & agility
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Experience in processing and synthesising large data sets
- Ability to think on his/her feet and engage with both the business and analytical community
- Ability to adapt with ambiguity in cross functional environment
- Good to have: Experience Big data tolls such as Hadoop, Hive, Impala and Python
- Graduate in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operational research, Information Science, Engineering, Statistics. (MS or MBA preferred)
- Certification in any R, SAS, SQL, Visualization Tools, Machine Learning, Bayesian and/or Regression etc. (Preferred)