Our Client is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, it is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey in Mexico.
You will apply your data-based marketing expertise and problem-solving skills to work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to deliver complex analytics projects.
You will apply your data and coding skills to ingest, wrangle and explore external and internal data to gain business insights, prepare data for modeling, build and validate predictive models, and support production deployment of models.
You will apply your advanced analytical skills to work on projects such as media mix modeling and optimization, customer acquisition, retention, up-sell, segmentation, customer lifetime value.
- Independently leads data analysis and modeling projects in marketing. This includes business requirements gathering, solution proposal, internal clients buy-in, data reception and processing, data analyses and modeling, reports/presentations, results review with stakeholders, and implementation support
- Proactively demonstrates to internal and external stakeholders how analytics can be implemented to maximize business benefits. Provides technical support, which includes strategic consulting, needs assessments, project scoping and the preparation/presentation of analytical proposals
- Mentor/advise Sr Data Scientists on different data wrangling tools and advanced statistical/machine learning techniques to improve predictive models and create actionable insights to address business objectives and client needs
- Leads analytical innovation efforts to test and recommend new advanced analytical methods, software and data sources. Shares knowledge and trains others on its adoption within Analytics group
- Actively contributes to analytics strategy by contributing ideas, preparing presentation material for internal stakeholders, and product design/business case materials for the client leadership
- Proactively and effectively communicates with internal stakeholders on product design, data specification, model implementations, with partners on collaboration ideas and specifics, with clients and account teams on project/test results, opportunities, questions
- Creates project plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Provides high quality ongoing customer support, answering questions, resolving issues and building solutions. Proactively identifies potential risk/hurdles and works to remove potential issues
- Assures compliance with regulatory and privacy requirements during design and implementation of modeling and analysis projects
- Follows industry trends and related data/analytics processes and businesses. Attends conferences, events, and vendor meetings as needed. Functions as the analytics expert in meetings with other internal areas and external vendors.
- MS or PhD degree in quantitative studies, such as Statistics, Math, Economics, Operation Research, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with statistical modeling using large and complex datasets in business setting
- 5+ years of experience in the insurance industry (life, health or P&C) or in data-based marketing areas
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills, and effective presentation skills
- Strong expertise in design of experiments and its applications in business setting
- Strong expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, survival analysis, GLM, tree models (Random Forests and GBM), cluster analysis, principal components, feature creation, and validation
- Strong expertise in statistical sampling, regularization techniques (Ridge, Lasso, elastic nets), variable selection techniques, feature creation and transformation, and model validation (hold-outs, CV, bootstrap)
- Strong expertise in data pull and manipulation in database systems (Oracle, Hadoop, etc.). Solid understanding of data model and data governance
- Strong expertise using R and/or Python, SQL/Hive for Advanced Analytics work in business settings. Experiences with SPARK, H2O, or other Machine Learning tools a plus.
- Familiar with Git version control tool
- Experience with data visualization a plus (e.g. R Shiny, Tableau)
- Proficiency in creating effective and visually appealing PowerPoint presentations