Our Client is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845, it is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey in Mexico.
You will apply your highly developed analytical skills to work on all aspects of the life insurance value chain, ranging from risk models, fraud detection, process triaging, and marketing predictions to a variety of other analytics solutions.
You will apply your technical data/ETL/programming skills to ingest, wrangle and explore external and internal data to create reports, function as the data expert and prepare data for modeling and support production deployment of models OR apply your technical modeling skills to build world-class predictive models for solving tangible business problems.
You will apply your high energy level and business sense to communicate with internal stakeholders and external vendors while effectively contributing to complex analytics projects.
- Leads and contributes to data analysis and modeling projects from project/sample design, business review meetings with internal and external clients deriving requirements/deliverables, reception and processing of data, performing analyses and modeling to final reports/presentations, communication of results and implementation support.
- Demonstrates to internal and external stakeholders how analytics can be implemented to maximize business benefits. Provides technical support, which includes strategic consulting, needs assessments, project scoping and the preparation/presentation of analytical proposals.
- Utilizes advanced statistical techniques to create high-performing predictive models and creative analyses to address business objectives and client needs. Tests new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions.
- Proactively and effectively communicates in various verbal and written formats with internal stakeholders on product design, data specification, model implementations, with partners on collaboration ideas and specifics, with clients and account teams on project/test results, opportunities, questions. Resolves problems and removes obstacles to timely and high-quality project completion.
- Create project milestone plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Provides high quality ongoing customer support; answering questions, resolving problems and building solutions.
- Follows industry trends in insurance and related data/analytics processes and businesses. Functions as the analytics expert in meetings with other internal areas and external vendors. Actively participates in proof of concept tests of new data, software and technologies. Shares knowledge within Analytics group.
- Assures compliance with regulatory and privacy requirements during design and implementation of modeling and analysis projects.
- Travels to events and vendor meetings as needed (< 10%).
- Master’s degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics, quantitative psychology, or operations research and 3 years of relevant industry experience
- OR Ph.D. with concentration in similar fields